S3Sync.net
February 02, 2014, 01:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 command failed: list_bucket bucketName max-keys 100 prefix  (Read 7355 times)
shahidbashir7861

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 06:48:54 AM »

hello all,

i am receiving this error from last two days when i try to use s3cmd.rb or s3sync.rb

#./s3cmd.rb list bucketname
--------------------
S3 command failed:
list_bucket bucketname max-keys 100 prefix
With result 403 Forbidden
./s3cmd.rb:122:in `s3cmdMain': undefined method `is_truncated' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
        from ./s3cmd.rb:207

everything was working fine before two days and scheduled s3 scripts were working fine but now it has the following problem . let me add one more thing .. that it is working fine on one of my other machines with same bucket , id  and secret .

can someone please tell me what can possibly be going wrong that is causing this error

regards,
Shahid
ferrix

(I am greg13070 on AWS forum)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:39:22 AM »

If you use -s are the results different?  If so, you're being proxied.  If not, your credentials are wrong.  403 results can't be generated from within the client, so (unless some spontaneous bug emerged in the un-changed code) it's got to either be something upstream of you, or something in your credentials.
shahidbashir7861

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:31:29 AM »

thanks for your reply Ferrix

1) the results are same even if i use -s switch
2) i am not proxied , the machine is on global ip and not proxied
3) Credentials are just fine ... as i have just checked by copy pasting the credentials on one of my other machines and they work fine.
4) I have downloaded the latest version of s3sync ( with a view that something might have got wrong with code during my file editing mistakenly) but it is also giving me the same results .

regards,
Shahid .
ferrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »

I've got no idea.  How could the same software work on one of your machines and fail on the other?  Different ruby library versions maybe?
shahidbashir7861

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:17:01 AM »

today i have checked that it is failing on an other machine also after running successfull for one month ............ is there any maximum number of files limit that we can use with s3sync .....
ferrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

Not that I'm aware of.  And it is designed to use as small a memory footprint as possible for the directory recursion.
shahidbashir7861

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:26:09 AM »

dear ferrix ,

thanks for being there with me

i have sorted out the problem . on some forum i read that s3sync requires correct time on server . it was the time settings of the server causing problem actually  . the server time was 15 minute behind than the standard time . i dont know why but it worked for me .

thanks
Shahid Bashir
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: