S3Sync.net
February 02, 2014, 01:32:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused: s3sync not working as expected...  (Read 5262 times)
hnzz

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »

Hi, setting up an automated backup for my linux box using s3sync. It works quite well  Smiley but i see some, in my opinion, strange things.. When i have done a backup and then rerun the backup script with just a couple of files changed, it still re-transfers all the data in my directories again with one exeption: the directory containing my html files. From the latter it only transmits the changed files in a rsync kind of style. As I like to have this to happen all the files in the filesystem i was wondering how to achieve this..

any answers very welcome..

hnzz
lowflyinghawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:17:27 PM »

for starters, giving the exact command line your are running would probably help in diagnosis.
hnzz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »

there you are:

this is the content of the script I use...

#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/local/s3sync/
export AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
export AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
export SSL_CERT_DIR=/usr/local/s3sync/certs
ruby s3sync.rb -r --ssl -v --delete /home/backup/remote/ spip:/
ferrix

(I am greg13070 on AWS forum)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »

Can you reproduce this issue with a small set of dirs/files, and then archive them up and attach that here so I can test it on my system?  It sounds like this might be some kind of obscure comparator bug.  If so, that will be hard to diagnose remotely.
hnzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »

Ok, i have created a directory with a smaller set of files. With this set of files s3sync performed flaweless.
I then just have deleted all the already uploaded files on S3, deleted the bucket, recreated the bucket, sync my original set of files and now it works as a charm.. I guess due to Huh? the file info of the orginal bucket was corrupted or what. Anyway, it works now perfectly.. and thanks for your help.

hnzz
lowflyinghawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »

ok then, now you can claim it is self-healing software, another required buzzword checkoff ;-).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: