S3Sync.net
February 02, 2014, 01:37:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: s3cmd.rb to create subfolders?  (Read 2958 times)
matraex

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »

Is it possible to have s3cmd.rb create, say, /datamatraex/testing1/testing2?

When I try
ruby s3cmd.rb createbucket datamatraex/testing1/testing2
It will make the folders but then it puts this blank file in the last folder and the folders aren't actually marked as "testing2_$folder$". It shows as "testing2/" then when I browse into that subfolder there is a blank file in there. Once I delete that blank file the subfolders /testing1/ & /testing2/ get deleted as well.

I hope this is making sense. Bottom line a can't figure out how to create subfolders inside of the bucket.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:08:40 PM by matraex » Logged
ferrix

(I am greg13070 on AWS forum)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:16:24 PM »

The $folder thing is used by some other tool but not mine.  To put a node that looks like a folder to s3sync you'd have to make a file with the exact content:
{E40327BF-517A-46e8-A6C3-AF51BC263F59}

That hashes to the MD5 that s3sync recognizes as a folder.  Don't try to use my stuff to make folders that other tools will play nice with; there's no standard and no one does it the same way.  (my way is best Wink

But what I don't get is, why do you care?  There's no reason to invent empty folders.  Just store whatever/path/you/want/keyname.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: