S3Sync.net
February 02, 2014, 01:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: prefix may contain leading slash, but s3fox doesn't play nice  (Read 4852 times)
mrvanes

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

I'm really just scratching the surface of s3sync and hit a stupid failure when I tried to upload a test directory into the prefix that exactly resembled the source path, including the first slash of the root partition:

./s3sync.rb -vrd /home/martin/test mrvanes-us:/home/martin/test

This does not yield an error, but neither a successfull backup when I check the upload in s3fox.
A 0 bytes sized empty-named directory is created, but is not accessible.

I'm fully aware that I may have handled against the rules of the readme, but I wanted to raise the point since it seems an obvious error to make (to me at least Smiley

On close inspection, it turns out s3cmd can read the backup (list shows the filenames), so it seems s3fox can not handle the first slash in the base prefix. Although this might be specific to s3fox I would suggest stripping any leading slash since it doesn't serve any purpose anyway. Or am I wrong?
ferrix

(I am greg13070 on AWS forum)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »

Agreed with your analysis.
Cato

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

I had this issue as well, but wanted to clarify that it's very easily avoided by using paths of the form bucket:path/to/file i.e. without a / before the 'path' here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: